Ph.D. Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, McMaster University, Canada 1999-2004
M.Eng. Department of Automation, Chongqing University 1995-1998
B.A. Department of Automation, Chongqing University 1991-1995
2014---Present Assistant Professor Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Southern University of Science and Technology of China
2007-2014 Academic Researcher and Research Engineer, McMaster University, Canada
2007-2010 Lecturer McMaster University Canada
2004-2007 Postdoctoral Fellow McMaster University, Canada
Rapid Modeling and Optimization of Microwave Devices
3D Printing and Rapid Prototyping
Awards & Honors
IEEE Senior Member
Member of Professional Engineers Ontario
1. S. Li, X. Fan, P.D. Laforge, and Q.S. Cheng, “Surrogate model-based space mapping in post-fabrication bandpass filters tuning,” IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., 2020, (Early Access).
2. F. Jiang, C.-Y. Chiu, S. Shen, Q. S. Cheng and R. D. Murch, “Pixel antenna optimization using N-port characteristic mode analysis,” IEEE Trans. Antenna and Prop., 2020. (Early Acess)
3. Y. Yu, B. Liu, Y. Wang, M.J. Lancaster and Q.S. Cheng, “A general coupling matrix synthesis method for all-resonator diplexers and multiplexers,” IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., vol. 68, no. 3, pp. 987-999, Mar. 2020.
4. Y. Liu, Q.S. Cheng, and S. Koziel, “A generalized SDP multi-objective optimization method for EM-based microwave device design,” Sensors, vol. 19, no. 14, July 2019.
5. Y. Song, Q.S. Cheng, and S. Koziel, “Multi-fidelity local surrogate model for computationally efficient microwave component design optimization,” Sensors, vol. 19, no. 13, July 2019.
Prof. CHENG Qingsha’s group is recruiting research assistants, research engineers and postdoctoral researchers. Anyone who is interested, please contact us.