Dr. Xiao Xiao has been engaged in the research of basic theories and key technologies of robotics for many years. His main areas of interest include minimally invasive surgery robot, micro/nano manipulation, and positioning robot, and miniature-sized robotic system design and control. In recent years, Dr. Xiao Xiao has participated in 1 Singapore Technology Acceleration Program, 1 National key R & D project, 1 NFSC project, and 2 Macao FDCT projects. He has published more than 20 international journal and conference papers and contributed 4 book chapters. He has applied 9 Chinese patents, 2 PCT patents, and 1 Singapore patent, among which 4 patents had been authorized.
2012 - 2017, Ph. D, Department of Electromechanical Engineering, University of Macau, Macao, Supervisor: Prof. Yangmin Li
2010 - 2012, M. S, School of Mechanical Engineering, Shandong University of Technology, Shandong, China, Supervisor: Prof. Jinliang Gong
2006 - 2010, B. S, School of Mechanical Engineering, Shandong University of Technology, Shandong, China, Supervisor: Prof. Jinliang Gong
2020.08 - present，Southern University of Science and Technology,Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering,Research Assistant Professor.
2017.05 – 2020.07, National University of Singapore, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Research Fellow.
2007.08 – 2012.07, Shandong University of Technology, School of Mechanical Engineering, Robot Innovation Laboratory.
1）Minimally invasive surgery robot
2）Micro/nano-manipulation and positioning robot
3）Miniature-sized robotic system design and control
1. 2019, The Global Innovation Design Competition of Medical Robotics (MRC2019), Global, Best Structure Award.
2. 2017, The Engineering Medical Innovation Global Competition (Emedic Global 2017), Global, Gold Award.
1. Xiao Xiao, Huxin Gao, Changsheng Li, Liang Qiu, Kirthika Senthil Kumar, Catherine Jiayi Cai, Bipin Sewakram Bhola, Nicolas Kon Kam King, and Hongliang Ren, “Portable Body-attached Positioning Mechanism towards Robotic Needle Intervention,” IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 1105-1116, 2020.
2. Changsheng Li, Xiaoyi Gu, Xiao Xiao, Chwee Ming Lim, and Hongliang Ren, “Flexible Robot with Variable Stiffness in Transoral Surgery,” IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 1-10, 2020.
3. Changsheng Li, Xiaoyi Gu, Xiao Xiao, Guoniu Zhu, A.V. Prituja, and Hongliang Ren, “Transcend Anthropomorphic Robotic Grasping with Modular Antagonistic Mechanisms and Adhesive Soft Modulations,” IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 2463-2470, 2019.
4. Changsheng Li, Xiaoyi Gu, Xiao Xiao, Chwee Ming Lim, and Hongliang Ren, “A Robotic System with Multi-Channel Flexible Parallel Manipulators for Single Port Access Surgery,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 1678-1687, 2019.
5. Xiaoyi Gu, Changsheng Li, Xiao Xiao, Chwee Ming Lim, and Hongliang Ren, “A Compliant Transoral Surgical Robotic System Based on a Parallel Flexible Mechanism,” Annals of Biomedical Engineering, vol. 47, no. 6, pp. 1329-1344, 2019.
6. Xiao Xiao and Yangmin Li, “Development of an Electromagnetic Actuated Microdisplacement Module,” IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 1252-1261, 2016.
7. Xiao Xiao and Yangmin Li, “Development of a Novel Large Stroke 2-DOF Micromanipulator for Micro/nano Manipulation,” Microsystem Technologies, vol. 23, no. 7, pp. 2993-3003, 2016.
8. Xiao Xiao and Yangmin Li, “Configuration Analysis and Design of a Multidimensional Tele-operator based on 3-P(4S) Parallel Mechanism,” Journal of Intelligent & Robotic Systems, vol. 90, no. 3-4, pp. 339-348, 2018.