Dr Yuefei Cai joined SUSTech in July, 2022. His past research focuses on wide bandgap semiconductor, to be specific, GaN devices (design, fabricaiton and characterization) and device monolithic integration. He has given three talks in top conference in compound semiconductor such as IWN, ICNS and CSW, published more than 20 papers in ACS Nano, ACS Photonics, IEEE EDL, APL, etc. His research has received many good comments from peers and been reported by many technolgoy media, such as IEEE spectrum, Semiconductor Today and Compound Semiconductor. He is also IEEE and OSA memeber, reviewer of Photonics Research.
2022.07- 至今 南方科技大学，电子与电气工程系，助理教授
third generation semiconductor, wide bandgap semiconductor,
compound semiconductor, GaN devices.
1. Y. Cai, C. Zhu, W. Zhong, P. Feng, S. Jiang and T. Wang, "Monolithically integrated µLEDs/HEMTs microdisplay on a single chip by a direct epitaxial approach", Advanced Materials Technologies, vol.6, no.6, 2100214(2021).(Reported byCompound Semiconductor and LEDInside )
2. Y. Cai, J. I. Haggar, C. Zhu, P. Feng, J. Bai and T. Wang, "Direct epitaxial approach to achieve a monolithic on-chip integration of a HEMT and a single Micro-LED with a high modulation bandwidth", ACS Applied Electronic Materials, vol.3, no.1, pp.445-450 (2021).
3. J. Bai, Y. Cai, P. Feng, P. Fletcher, C. Zhu, Y. Tian, and T. Wang, "Ultrasmall, ultracompact and ultrahigh efficient InGaN micro light emitting diodes (μLEDs) with narrow spectral line width", ACS Nano, vol. 14, no. 6, pp.6906- 6911 (2020).(Reported byCompound Semiconductor)
4.Y. Cai, S. Shen, C. Zhu, X. Zhao, J.Bai and T. Wang, "Non-polar (11-20) GaN metal-semiconductor-metal photo-detectors with superior performance on silicon," ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, vol. 12, no. 22, pp.25031-25036 (2020).
5. S. Jiang#, Cai#, P. Feng, S. Shen, X. Zhao, P. Flecher, V. Esendag, K. B. Lee and T. Wang, "Exploringan approach towards the intrinsic limits of GaN electronics," ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, vol. 12, no. 11, pp.12949-12954 (2020).(#: Co-author with equal contributions)
6. J.Bai, Y. Cai, P. Feng, P. Fletcher,X. Zhao, C. Zhu and T. Wang, "A direct epitaxial approach to achieving ultra-small and ultra-bright InGaN-based micro light emitting diodes (µLEDs)," ACS Photonics,vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 411-415 (2020).
7. C.Liu, Y. Cai, H. Jiang, and K. M. Lau, "Monolithic integration of III-nitride voltage-controlled light emitters with dual-wavelength photodiodes by selective-area epitaxy,"Optics Letters, vol. 43, no. 14, pp. 3401-3404 (2018). (Reported bySemiconductor Today)
8. Y.Cai, X. Zou, C. Liu, and K. M. Lau, "Voltage-controlled GaN HEMT-LED devices as fast-switching and dimmable light emitters," IEEE Electron Device Letters, vol. 39, no.2, pp. 224-227 (2018). (Featured in IEEE Spectrum)
9. Y.Cai, X. Zou, Y. Gao, L. Li, P. K. T. Mok, and K. M. Lau, "Low-flicker lighting from high-voltage LEDs driven by a single converter-free driver," IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, vol. 29, no.19, pp. 1675-1678 (2017).
10. C.Liu#, Y. F. Cai#, Z. J. Liu, J. Ma, and K. M. Lau, "Metal-interconnection-free integration of InGaN/GaN light emitting diodes with AlGaN/GaN high electron mobility transistors," Applied Physics Letters, vol. 106,no.18, pp.181110 (2015). (#: Co-author with equal contributions) (Featured in Semiconductor Today)