Prof. CHEN Shuming has been doing research on (Organic / Quantum Dot) Electroluminescent Display Technology. He has solid research foundation for device physics, interface regulation, structure design, development of technology preparation, high efficiency full color OLED/QLED device properties and key technologies. Prof. Chen has made numbers of innovation in his research. Prof. Chen has published over 80 papers in JCR (Q1) journals like Advanced Materials, Advanced (Functional/Optical) Materials, Nanoscale, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, Organic Electronics, Applied Physics Letters, etc. His publications are cited over 1700 times with an H-index of 22. Please visit Prof. CHEN Shuming’s homepage http://eee.sustc.edu.cn/p/chenshuming/ for more details.
Ph.D. Department of Electronic and Computer Engineering, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology Aug. 2008-Aug.2012
M.S. Optical Engineering, SUN Yat-sen University Sep.2005-Jul. 2008
B.A. of Photoelectron South China University of Technology Sep.2001- Jul. 2005
Jun.2013---Present Assistant Professor Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, South University of Science and Technology of China
Sep. 2012-May 2013 Postdoctoral Fellow State Key Laboratory on Advanced Displays and Optoelectronics Technologies, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
Sep.2012-May 2013 Senior Engineer (part-time) Guangdong Zhongxian Display Company
Research on quantum dot light emitting diode(QLED), organic light emitting diode(OLED), thin film transistor (TFT) and other new optoelectronic devices and application on flat panel display.
Awards & Honors
2016 Guangdong Provincial Natural Science Foundation for Distinguished Young Scholars
2015 Training Programs for Distinguished Young University Teachers in Guangdong Province
2014 Guangdong Science and Technology 1st Special Plan for Top-Notch Young Scholars
2013 “Young Scientist Award” from Hong Kong Science Society
2013 Shenzhen Peacock Plan (Type B)
- Qiang Su, Heng Zhang, Shuming Chen*, "Flexible and tandem quantum-dot light-emitting diodes with individually addressable red/green/blue emission", npj Flexible Electronics, 5, 8 (2021).
- Heng Zhang, Qiang Su, Shuming Chen*, “Quantum-dot and organic hybrid tandem light-emitting diodes with multi-functionality of full-color-tunability and white-light-emission”, Nature Communications, 11, 2826 (2020).
- Yizhe Sun, Qiang Su, Heng Zhang, Fei Wang, Shengdong Zhang*, Shuming Chen*, “Investigation on Thermally Induced Efficiency Roll-Off: Towards Efficient and Ultra-Bright Quantum-Dot Light-Emitting Diodes”, ACS Nano, 13(10), 11433-11442 (2019).
- Heng Zhang, Shuming Chen*, Xiao Wei Sun, “Efficient Red/Green/Blue Tandem Quantum-Dot Light-Emitting Diodes with External Quantum Efficiency Exceeding 21%”, ACS Nano, 12, 697-704 (2018). ESI highly cited paper
- Qiang Su, Yizhe Sun, Heng Zhang, Shuming Chen*, “Origin of Positive Aging in Quantum-Dot Light-Emitting Diodes”, Advanced Science, 5(10), 1800549 (2018).
- Heng Zhang, Xiaowei Sun, Shuming Chen*, “Over 100 cd/A efficient quantum dot light-emitting diodes with inverted tandem structure”, Advanced Functional Materials, 27, 1700610 (2017).
- Xiaoli Zhang, He Liu, Weigao Wang, Jinbao Zhang, Bing Xu, Ke Lin Karen, Yuanjin Zheng, Sheng Liu, Shuming Chen*, Kai Wang, Xiao Wei Sun*, “Hybrid perovskite light-emitting diodes based on perovskite nanocrystals with organic-inorganic mixed cations”, Advanced Materials, 29, 1606405 (2017). ESI highly cited paper
- Hung-Chia Wang, Weigao Wang, An-Cih Tang, Hsin-Yu Tsai, Zhen Bao, Toshiyuki Ihara, Naoki Yarita, Hirokazu Tahara, Yoshihiko Kanemitsu*, Shuming Chen*, and Ru-Shi Liu*, “High-Performance CsPb1-xSnxBr3 Perovskite Quantum Dots for Light-Emitting Diodes”, Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 129, 13838-13842 (2017).
- Hung-Chia Wang, Heng Zhang, Hao-Yue Chen, Han-Cheng, Yeh, Mei-Rurng Tseng, Ren-Jei Chung*, Shuming Chen*, Ru-Shi Liu*, “Cadmium-free InP/ZnSeS/ZnS Heterostructured-Based Quantum Dot Light-emitting Diodes with ZnMgO Electron Transport Layer and a Brightness of over 10000 cd/m2”, Small, 13, 1603962 (2017).
- Shuming Chen, Guiping Tan, Wai-Yeung Wong and Hoi Sing Kwok, “White organic light-emitting diodes with evenly separated red, green and blue colors for efficiency/color rendition trade-off optimization”, Advanced Functional Materials, 21, 3785-3793 (2011).