- One RAP and one postdoc position are available immediately, in the School of Microelectronics, Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech). The research area will focus on MEMS/NEMS devices such as micro/nano gas sensor, humidity sensor, energy harvesting device, micro/nano fluidics and their applications on bio-/chemical detections.
- Applicants should have a Ph.D. degree recently awarded (or will get the degree soon) in a relevant science and engineering field and have demonstrated promising potential as an independent researcher. He/She shall have hand on experience on microfabrication, and be acquainted with measurements on mechanical, vibrational, electronic or optical signals. Highly motivated candidates with experience in the above areas are encouraged to apply.
- This RAP and postdoc fellowship comes with an annual stipend of 300,000~400,000 RMB (44,000~58,000 USD), plus subsidized university housing accommodation depending on availability. The recipient from abroad can apply for accommodation allowance up to 2 Million RMB from the Peacock Plan of Shenzhen government. Furthermore, the recipient has the opportunity to apply for research funding up to ~5 Million RMB from the central and local governments with the group leader. Upon completion of the fellowship in two years, those who have performed exceptionally will be encouraged to apply for tenure-track faculty positions at SUSTech.
ABOUT OUR UNIVERSITY
- SUSTech was founded in 2012 in the southern city of Shenzhen, the epicenter of China’s economic miracle and ingenuity over the past 35 years. Situated on a tranquil and picturesque campus of rolling hills and wandering creeks, SUSTech is widely known as a pioneer for higher education reform and innovation in China. With an outstanding faculty trained globally, SUSTech is making great strides toward its goal of building a world-class institution of higher education and cutting-edge research with broad societal impacts. With state-of-the-art experimental facilities and guidance from internationally recognized scientists, postdoctoral fellows working at SUSTech have unique opportunities to achieve their scientific and career goals.
- If interested, please send your CV with at least two references and up to three publications to Prof. Wang at email@example.com.